Thursday, December 12, 2013

Chicken Run

We were blessed with a special donation to purchase chickens back in July. A team had come to build a space for them in our backyard. After months of having them cooped up, it was time to get out and run around a bit. The hens wandered about the yard picking at grass and scraps. 


The children were the most thrilled of all. They couldn't stop chasing and carrying and trying to scare the poor chickens. 


Some of our kids got particularly attached to the hens. 


I can't say the same for myself. The kids followed me around trying to get me to hold a chicken but they were unsuccessful and I had to hide in the office until it was time to put the chickens back in their coop. I was content that we were able to keep the kids busy for another day. Some of them are getting restless during these 2 months of break from school. Pray that our new kids would get along with each other and that they would have a restful yet productive break before school starts up again in January.


No comments:

Post a Comment